2015/01/27

Top 10 Part I: Shit Customers Say



Now these are in no specific order, because anyone working retail knows that all have a No. 1 spot on their list. These are the things that customers say or do, to make any store associates toes curl. Enjoy!

1. How many times have I come across this one? One too many that's for sure! I mean, I understand that you are trying to be nice and making sure you didn't get the wrong person but come on, if I'm glued to the register or have a full uniform with name tag on, then I'm sure you don't have to ask.

2. It's the truth. You could have gotten the item from Timbuktu for all that I know. I as an associate can't just give you a discount or make up a price. I need to verify that information before our inventory goes all out of whack. So if you didn't take the time to look for the price tag, then don't expect me to ABRACADABRA!

Want to know what else grinds an associates gears? Then keep reading!



 3. What is up with customers and thinking that the lowest person on the retail chain could possibly change the price. Customers are always so fast on blaming everyone about the price on a item. For crying out loud, step back and think. 1. Does it look like I am in the position to change the price? 2. Do you think the price is going to change if you stare at it long enough? If you answered "no" to both of these questions, CONGRATULATIONS! 

4. I find it funny that customers don't believe that a store can actually run out or sell out of something. Especially annoying is when you have watched this customer come in to check out the item on several occasions and never buy it and then when it's time, the item is gone. 

5. I know you are trying to be funny but believe me, you aren't the only one prepared with this cheesy phrase. So after hearing it about a billion times, don't expect us to laugh at that.

6. I swear, signs are the death to any associate. It doesn't matter what the price tag says or what the sales flyer says. If the sign says something else, that is what counts. For the many of you that don't know, store workers are humans too and forget things and make mistakes. It could be that one of us forgot to take down a sign but when it has a date of the event on it, don't act like you didn't see it because I'm sure you read the fine print on anything else.

7. I don't know what runs through the minds of these customers. I mean if you see people walking around and the doors are open, why would you think otherwise? 

8. For Christ's sake, "NO". Once your receipt comes out that is how you know the transaction has been finalized. So stop asking!

9. Really? Do you really think that I need to do something? Do you decide this? Are you my supervisor/manager? I might've just gotten finished with a long ass line of people and am happy to be able to take a 5 minute breather and here you come along, ruining the moment. Thanks.

10. Mathematically speaking: customers = (open/close signs)²-prices². What I'm trying to say is that there is no understanding for any of those two things. When I worked the register, I would have to count my money, I would stand there and be in deep thought with bills and coins in my hand, with a "USE NEXT REGISTER" sign on the counter top and still be asked if I'm open. Thank you for effing up my count, thank you for being considerate of me counting, thank you for just standing there and ignoring the fact and placing your things on the counter top to buy.







No comments:

Post a Comment