2015/01/13

The 5-Minutes-Before-The Store-Closes Customer

After a long and exhausting day at work we are just happy to leave this prison we nicely call job and head home to enjoy a good meal and spend time with our families. But sometimes fate comes in between and messes with our plans.

Stores nowadays are open for long periods of time (excluding 24/7 stores for obvious reasons). I am pretty sure that ten hours is a long enough time to get your shopping done. We all understand that you might be working as well and need to get something really quick. Believe me you are not the problem. You know exactly what you want, go for it. Walk in store - find product - buy product - leave. But walking in five minutes before we close just because you are bored and have nothing else to do, that is simply unacceptable.

Believe me you might see us smiling and trying to help you find whatever you need but inside we are cursing the living out of you! How many times have I had customers looking for a specific product before we close. You've gotta be kidding me?! You want me to find that ring with the yellow and blue diamond on it that was shaped like a carrot. Uhmm no, that is not going to happen. And then you want to tell me you did not know your friend’s birthday would pop up out of nowhere. Oh and now you decide to look at every single product closely and examine it for the billionth time and ask my opinion on it.

And after staying open after our official closing times you decide to check in some other day. Wow, well I hope you have a pleasant evening as well while I stand here, feet and back hurting, mad and now having to count the money and organize everything for the next day. 

Oh it's all fine, I really didn't want to go home anyways and I did not want to kick up my feet and call it a day and watch my favorite movie on TV.


No comments:

Post a Comment