2015/01/15

The In-Your-Personal-Space Customer

We all have that imaginary bubble or wall around ourselves to determine how close a stranger or friend can approach us. Some people say it is as far as your arms stretch out others only to the elbows and then depending what cultural background you have it might be even closer or further away.

But I am sure that the majority does not want someone literally in their face or just bracing you. I think customers tend to forget that associates still have their personal space at work. Yes, it might be even bigger there because we are w-o-r-k-i-n-g. A verb many have neglected. Our area is more spread out and you cannot tell me that you cannot see that I am working on arranging clothes neatly with a four foot rack with clothes in plastic wrapping behind me. I really do not know what you are thinking when I am sizing and organizing clothes. Sometimes the clothing is still in the wrapping and you have the audacity to yank it out and look at it. 

Can’t you just wait another minute or two until I am done? Would you like it if I came to your workplace and just scattered through your papers and files? I bet not. And sometimes customers you really grind my gears when you see that I am working in a spot you hardly ever check out and then you think there is something new and lean all over trying to see, touch, smell whatever I am putting out. Back off for a second and let me move or say something, don’t just dive in and knock me to the side you Barbarian. Just wait a minute, that is all I am asking for!


No comments:

Post a Comment